30 Day Challenges

Stole this off google image search lol
Hey!


You've probably all seen them, especially at the start of a New Year when everyone is looking at their 7th chin in the mirror, and their overhanging Christmas chocolate bellys thinking I ought to do something about that.. after I've finished this tin of Quality Street. And eaten that Lindt Reindeer... Obvs.


They come in the usual Americanised everything-is-so-fucking-great-YEAH!-lets-do-this!!!! YouTube vidoes or some twat sets up a Facebook group and invites you to "get rock hard abs in 30 days doing 6000 crunches a second", and "have you always wanted toned thighs? Well crush 18 watermelons a day between for your thighs for 30 days and you'll have the sexiest sticky thighs this side of the nut house!"


Some are absolutely unachievable and quite frankly ridiculous. But that shouldn't be stopping me! Because some of them aren't. They are very achievable and for proper people who have a grip of their lives, not at all ridiculous but vital to their wellbeing.


End of the day, let's just be frank... I. AM. LAZY. And I am overweight. And as a result I have PCOS and T2 diabetes. So I'm thinking setting myself 30 day challenges might actually be the kick start I need to get my arse into gear, into shape and my head into perspective.. T2 diabetes is fixable if I just get my act together.


It's not just for health though. I want to try and do my bit for the planet. I know this month it's Go Plastic Free for July, and that's something I would have really liked to have had a go at. I'm reducing what I buy plastic wise anyway but there are other challenges I have seen along similar lines such as going completely rubbish free. I'll talk more about that one when I actually start doing it because that is one I'm extra keen to try, but the challenge itself in this country, and actually more specifically so in this COUNTY.. is hard!!


Other challenges I'd like to set myself have to do with management of my time, finances, mental health, technology.. there are so many challenges I want to try and do in the hope that at least some of the principles and the lessons from them stick with me once the challenges have finished.


Biggest inspiration just now is fellow blogger, Emma from Emma's Happy Little World (click the name to link to her blog). She's done and is current doing some great little (big) challenges. I well recommend giving her stuff a read for inspiration on being happy and loving life.


So with all that said.. where do I start?! I'll take suggestions from you! And of course keep you updated.


Peace out.


Bear

Comments

Popular Posts