So There Was More Cake....

Snapchat - @plum_stone
Hey!

In my last diary update, I suggested I was going to start de-cluttering in the kitchen. It IS happening but it's also not going quite to plan.

I thought that eating everything out of the house would be a great way to not spend any money on food this month, until it had all gone. But I somehow managed to spend £80 on food this week?!?? My normal spend is £40 so I have NO idea how this happened!! And to add insult to injury, I thought I would use some of the ingredients up in the baking cupboard to make some vegan chocolate brownies.

Not only did I not have ANY of the correct ingredients, the ingredients I substituted for were ALL out of date. Every single one. How did the vegan brownies fair?? NOT GOOD. NOT GOOD AT ALL. I think the main reason they turned out SO awful was I used extra virgin olive oil instead of coconut oil. Sorry - correction - seven month out of date extra virgin olive oil. God the taste. It was like nail varnish remover mixed with sand. Damp sand. With dead fish. And broken shells/dreams.

The freezer is slowly emptying though. And all the out of date stuff from the cupboards is being thrown away as I find it. I also have a top shelf full of alcohol. Now, I don't drink at all anymore and that's 100% because on the 25th October 2013, I went out with some friends dressed as a bumble bee.

Follow me on Insta
All cute and fun until I got SO significantly shitfaced on blue lagoon cocktails and sambucca, I woke up on the bathroom floor around 4am with my neck bent in the most weirdly, excruciatingly painful manner with my bee wings around my ankles, my tu-tu around my neck, a LOT of blue vomit in my hair, and all the burst vessels in both of my eyes from retching. NEVER EVER AGAIN.

The most I will have is A solitary cider with a BBQ, and a couple of cocktails on Christmas Eve. Maybe a fizzy Prosecco on Christmas Day. But that really is it. So I'm not really sure what to do with any in-date alcohol. I could give it to my brothers maybe. They're borderline alcoholics so I'm sure they'd even take the out of date stuff actually. I'm almost sure I heard a story where Kev drank turps so...?

I'm excited to get the cupboards and everything clear though. I think I'd like to start a 30 day challenge as mentioned in the last blog and do 30 days vegan or something. Or try a fresh new meal from one of my recipe books every day. I'll ponder on that a bit.


Health wise... pfffft. I've moved GP surgeries in the hope someone actually cares for me this time. For new followers, I have recently been diagnosed with T2 diabetes with a shockingly high HbA1C of 106 after a diagnosis of it had been missed almost a year ago. I've not once since that diagnosis been checked to see if the tablets they put me on have actually worked. I've also been having unusual white blood cell and lymphocyte counts coming back.. only news on that is to come back AGAIN in 8 weeks for ANOTHER blood test to see if the count is high enough now to justify the referral to haematology. They've been doing this since 2013... yep... 5 years.

Stranraer 2017
Exciting news.. I'm going camping for 6 days in Scotland next week YAY!!! I'm off to Stranraer because I love the beach there. I just have to hope and pray it's not as HORRIFIC as my last trip there. I attempted to pitch a new tent in sand instead of grass, but also in gale force winds, which turned into hurricane winds in the night. Result is probably as you can imagine.... tent pegs flew out of the sandy ground, tent was definitely not erected correctly, tent them ripped apart in the winds, tent subsequently went in the bin come soggy morning. Not impressed overall with my trip but it was definitely an adventure. I've missed out the bit in the story where I accidentally got my waps out and flashed the entire campsite. That was fun. Let's move on....

This time will be different - we have sunshine!! Unusual wonderful but too hot sunshine. And I have a tent I know how to put up. I know exactly where not to pitch, and I'm bringing my mum so she can dog sit and also warn me when my boobs have magically flopped themselves out of my top again.

Oh and I’m on my final Invisalign tray!! I’m gobsmacked it’s worked. I really am. Here is a tray 1 and start of tray (final) 7 comparison. Madness. 


And OOOOOH my gosh!!!! England won penalties. Everyone is singing "it's coming home". What if it actually does??? We'll know by the time I post my next diary I think. Eeeeeek.

Peace out.

Bear


Comments

Popular Posts